Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Drive to Pennsylvania, days 1-3


Man, we've covered some ground these last few days! 
Day one we hit the road from San Diego to bullhead city, Arizona, in one straight shot. It was an easy drive, only like 5 hours or so. We stayed at the edge water hotel, because I vaguely remembered it being possibly...less crappy than the rest. And it was surprisingly nice! Considering it only cost $35!! Ah the beauty of supply and demand ;). Honestly, ever since the movers took our bed last Wednesday we've gotten such horrible nights sleep that the bed at that cheap hotel felt like a feather mattress fit for a king!

The next Morning we went to go visit my grandma, I had forgotten how much fun she is to spend time with! She has the keenest memory and most fascinating stories! It was a great visit :). But since she is blind, we couldn't let the boys disturb anything in her house....they were less than happy at the need to sit in one spot. The result was this happy picture...


Not *quite* a shareable picture. But I'll cherish the memory nonetheless :). I have resolved to call her much more often.

We spent an hour and half with grandma, and then hit the road for flagstaff, Arizona. Which was a quick jaunt up the freeway, only 4 1/2 hours or so. We spent pretty much the whole evening at chik-fil-a, so that the boys could kill some energy. And then another couple of hours at barnes and noble, we're all obsessed. The boys got a new book! I left it in the car, and I can't remember the title. But it's a book of fairy tales (little red riding hood, three bears...etc) with the most BEAUTIFUL illustrations! They love the pictures, and I can't wait to record it and add it to their story time collection!

The next morning we started our longest day of driving that we will experience on this trip 8 1/2 hours...

It was surprisingly awesome. Haha. I'm not even kidding! While on the freeway we discovered that meteor crater was only a short 6 mile detour, how could we pass that up!?!?!?

So detour we did :)

And after shoving out *$36* we finally got to see a giant hole in the earth. Worth it? ;). Lol, no it was really awesome. 


And after stoping in Albuquerque, for some AMAZING pizza that nick was introduced to when he did a field assignment there, we finished the last leg of our long drive, and now reside in Amerillo, TX. Which, in case you're wondering, smells like cow turds. The whole city.

Let me just tell you, taking two cars and splitting up the boys was the best decision ever! Not a single cry or whine In either cars, all day! I had Landon today, and we listened to Jane Erye for several hours, I laughed so hard when out of nowhere he yelled "he can't marry her! He's already married!!!" Hahaha!!

Start 'em young ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment