Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mahwah, NJ

Wow, time has really flown by! I can't believe it's been almost a month. 

It's been so crazy, the way it's worked is that nick has been assigned to a job and as soon as he and the team finish the job, he is given another assignment. So we have been moving from hotel to hotel pretty much every other day. There were a couple of times where we stayed in the same place for anywhere from 3-5 days though. Needless to say, this month has been so FUN! The boys and I have has the greatest time exploring each new city, and boy some of the parks that we have discovered have been truly amazing.

I'll start at the beginning :)

The morning after that awful night in newark, we drove about 45 minutes to Mahwah, New Jersey. 

It's a cool city, very green, clean and so many cool colonial houses. While nick was working the boys and I discovered a very cool park.

On our way there we grabbed some donuts (healthy I know, but we were homeless and starving and Mahwah has a confusing/stressful freeway system. It was the best I could do)


This park sectioned off a part of the lake, cleaned it, chlorinated it, and now it's a really cool sand bottom pool!

On the edge of a forest 

 
It also had a great playground

Notice Derek's backwards shorts? He puts those shorts on backwards every. Single. Time. And when I try to help him, or fix them. He screams "I LIKE IT!!!"

and so I leave them. I secretly think he likes the attention that other people give him because of it.

We played until those boys of mine were "starving" and then yelp directed us to this fantastic pizza cafe (yes I know...not the healthiest day for us, lol)

We were just about finished eating when Derek declared that he needed to poop. 

Methinks that the hotdog that we had for lunch the day before in Washington DC and the donuts from that morning we're not sitting well with him. Because what came out of him was not normal.


That picture was after I had already flushed three time, while a poor guy kept knocking on the door saying "excuse me, are you almost done?"

What did I do? What any normal person would do. I turned off the light, rushed out of the bathroom, Grabbws Derek's leftover pizza, and hightailed it back to the car before that poor man even knew what hit him.

I never did look back.

Anyway, after that interesting reminder of the glamorous life that is motherhood, we went back to the park. 

This time the boys completely ignored the playground. It was all about sand, sticks, dirt, and rocks.


Landon gathered all of these sticks


Landon buried "treasure" (aka: sticks), see the "x"?

When nick got off work, he came an met us at the park and suh for the treasure that Landon had buried :)


And then we packed back into the cars and headed for our next stop: Syracuse, NY.















No comments:

Post a Comment