Sunday, May 18, 2014

Drive to New York, day two!

Tennessee! Let me tell you a little bit about Tennessee...it is beautiful! Gorgeous. We actually stopped in Memphis for dinner on Friday night stayed the night in Nashville. Nick and I were absolutely amazed at how those two huge cities managed to thrive so well without really disrupting the beauty of the nature around it! When we were leaving Nashville Saturday morning we were at a stop sign and looking to the left we could see the freeway meandering off into what looked like a dense forest, looking straight there was a target nested in the trees, and When we looked to the right there was a barrier wall made out of rock from the hill that it was holding back, you could see the sediment layers! It was soo pretty.

(Looked kinda like that ^)

I am now going to add more pictures that I probably should because I don't want to forget how gorgeous the drive through Tenessee and Virginia has been :)


In my mind, virginia has always been a perfect paradise. I've read dozens of books about the revolution and the thirteen colonies and in each book there was always at least one elaborate description of the awe inspiring beauty that is Virginia. Because of this I've always wanted to visit...but I've also been kind of afraid too because I was worried that in my desire for such a place exist today, having eluded the destroyer of beauty that is man made architecture, I would be sorely disappointed.

I wasn't.

I didn't even get any pictures of virginia because it was like watching a movie. Nick and I stared in shocked awe at the lush green serenity passing by us. I don't even know how to explain it...but, I imagine heaven is a bit like virginia.

That place stirs something in the soul, and we decided that it may take years, decades even, but one day we will call Virginia home. 

On a lighter note! The boys have been truly fantastic for a big portion of today :)

Derek finds it difficult to stay awake in the car, this him right before a two hour nap:


And Landon just loves singing!


We listened to a lot of frozen, before we discovered the Disney channel on pandora, and then it was mine and Nicks turn to belt out songs that Landon had never heard before. Haha

There was also quite a lot of this song to be heard:


Seriously. Go listen to it, this is the ONLY good version if the song "Friday". It uses to be Landon's favorite song, and now Derek has discovered it. Good stuff.

One game that the boys played to pass the time was "hide" (from the wind). Confused? 

It went a little like this. Have daddy roll their windows down and then....


HIDE!


Haha, hey- it kept them entertained.

At one point Derek decided to
Be super annoying and scream at a decibal that could probably break glass, and when we told him to stop he would laugh! Nick got super bothered by that, haha...soooooooo

He told Derek that if he screamed ONE more time he would dump a bottle of water on him. And guess what Derek did? After he was done laughing, of course.

He screamed.


Not sure if you can tell, but he is totally covered in water there. Haha, he calmed down after a couple of minutes and was totally fine! I swear...lol. 

But there was no more screaming ;)

I tried to take a family selfie! Which kind of failed...because we have such a dark tint in the back windows of our car, so it's super bright in the front seat and dark in the back seat. So the colors never worked out...and it doesn't help that we are all in separate corners of the car.

Anyway, here is my best attempt!

Until next time :)















No comments:

Post a Comment