That boys were great, we came armed with as plethora of their favorite snacks;
Costco's granola bars..
And fruit leather...
That alone kept them calm for quite some time.
But they definitely got on each other's nerves sometimes! One fight in particular had me pretty much in tears from holding back the laughter.
I'm not sure what game they were playing, I didn't hear the beginning of it. I just remember having my thoughts interrupted by Derek's sudden outbreak of panicked sobs and screams of accusation towards Landon. When I asked him to calm down and use his words he said
"Naneh!! Powers!!"
Translation? "Landon stole my powers!"
To which I actually said the words "Landon! Give Derek back his powers!"
Apparently, Derek took Landon's powers first and Landon was trying to get his powers back and accidentally took Derek's. Are you laughing yet? Yeah, this was about the point that I was having a reeeeaaalllllyyyy hard time keeping a straight face.
There was peace for a few minutes, until Derek started screaming again. This time Landon had stolen his powers and thrown them out the window into the trees. I retrieved them for Derek (which actually means I rolled down the window and grabbed thin air and handed it to him..haha). But Landon was being a total turd and threw them out the window again. So finally Nick gave Derek his own powers and told him to keep them in a safe place, so he gingerly placed them in the cupholder farthest from Landon and peace befell the Jones car once again.
We also downloaded a few of their favorite songs from Frozen
And listened to some of the stories of the world,
starting with the first nomads, where we learned....that we are totally nomads. Haha. One day we'll have a home again!
But more about our drive :). We drove through the rest of Texas, nothing much to say about that. Just more of Texas :/.
And then we got to Arkansas...you guys...Arkansas is just phenomenally beautiful!
I'm a really bad picture taker, but there were these HUGE trees lining the freeway and every once in awhile they would break and you would see these picturesque fields that rolled on for what seemed like forever covered in bright green grass and the most beautiful flowers. We were in awe for a good portion if that drive, until we got to the first town :(.
"And then people have to go and ruin it" was our reaction. All of the towns were basically junkyards. They plowed over the most beautiful trees for ugly run down towns covered in trash and junk.
We were starting to think that we would never see a town or city that worked with nature, to create something beautiful instead of ruining nature to replace it with junk.
And then we got to Tennessee ;). But more on that in the next post! :)
One fairly comical thing did happen in the drive :), although I'm sure nick would choose a different word than "comical"
We almost ran out of gas!
I took this picture when we were 23 miles from the nearest gas station:
Nick was stressed.
But this car of our is amazing and pulled throughs for us! We made it! And now we stop at pretty much every gas station that we see ;).
Nick likes to drive with the air conditioning blasting, the boys make due. Haha
Well, that's all for today! Tune in next time :)











No comments:
Post a Comment