Thursday, May 1, 2014

A day in the life

Anyone wondering what we do all day? Well, even if you aren't, I'm gonna write about it just in case I'm curious one day! :)

The morning always starts with me telling myself that I should probably wake up the boys so that they go to bed earlier (is 9:45 late? Ha), and I never listen. So Landon wakes up around 8:15 and we chilax for about an hour before we attempt to arouse the dead man that Derek is every morning (not a morning person that one) because our hotels free breakfast closes at 9:30. 

Cue scripture study, schoool time and our reading of "My Fathers Dragon" (good book Landon is obsessed right now). And then we are ready to venture out into the world.

From the moment Derek's eyes open in the morning he starts crying for "tall slides" which is what both boys have lovingly nicknamed their favorite park...because it has tall slides, haha. 

So every morning that is where we head (well, afternoon. It's usually 1ish by this time). I usually pack a lunch for us to eat at the park, today I forgot until we were halfway there and Landon said:

"Mom, you forgot to feed us! Did you bring food? I didn't see you get food"

Uummmmmm, no. No I did not. Crud.

So we stopped at the store. ANd picked up this random assortment: 
(I only let them share one of those giant cookies...where the other one went is not important)

There were bananas too, but they ate them in the car. All of them.

The Odwalla bars were Landon's idea, not mine. And while apparently his (the blue one) was delicious, Derek was completely disgusted by his. And I don't really blame him, I mean....just look at it:

And it smelled faintly of fish. 

Anywho, after they eat I set them free on the "tall slides"

(Ignore my finger, it was really sunny. I couldn't see anything)


After about an hour of that we head over to the field, for a rousing game of toilet tag. My favorite ;).


Then, as per our routine, we walk around this pretty little pond and play with the squirrels who are VERY accustomed to being fed by humans. The ducks pretend we don't exist.


We walk until we get to these benches:


Which I'm fairly certain you're supposed to sit on in the other direction in order to see this pretty view:


But we sit the other way, because *obviously* this view is waaaay better:


Today we sat on those benches for an hour. An HOUR. We just sat there stalking the fire station, while I awkwardly waved every time Landon yelled "HI FIREMAN!!!!". 

But boy did the boys' persistence pay off! A fireman came out to chat with them, his name was Jacob and he was super nice. And he absolutely made the boys DAY when he gave them some fireman hats.


Shortly after that it was time to go.


Which did not make Derek happy. Errands ruin everything.

And I've just been smiling as I listen to Landon tell me that when he grows up he's going to be an engineer and a fireman.

Oh how I love that I get to stay home with these men of mine :)

.














No comments:

Post a Comment