Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The plague!



So last night, at around 10pm, Landon started hacking his lungs out with the most disturbing barking cough that I have ever heard. The poor kid was so tired, he was trying so hard to sleep but his cough would wake him up and he would tearfully say 

"My heart just wants a to sleep, but the boogers in my chest won't let me!"

It was heart breaking :(. I I sat with him, partly to comfort him...and partly to protect Derek from his fitful sleep. (They are sharing a bed right now, cuzza the whole hotel thing). It was around 2am when he finally settled down and fell asleep. So I went to bed and riiiiiight when I was falling asleep, Derek started crying.

He had broken a fever. So I took his pjs off and cuddled with him until he fell asleep.

And then Landon woke up, because he had also developed a fever.

And then the coughing started.

And Derek woke up again.

Needless to say it was a very long night. So long. But I thanked my lucky stars that they slept in until 10:30! Magical little children :).


This is us today, don't we look beautiful! Haha. They are pretty lethargic today, so we have wasted our entire day laying in bed watching Wild Kratts.

Which is, you know, educational ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment