Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Catch up

It's been a while since I posted, so here is an update on our family :).


Nick graduated! He is now a mechanical engineer, and he worked dang hard for that diploma. I will always be proud of that man of mine.



He now works for solar turbines as a Field Service Representative. It is a great job with a fantastic company! But the first year is training- because he has to learn how these turbines work before he can fix them. So we spent a month in San Diego, and we're sneaking up on three months in Texas now. How do we like Dallas? It's big, so there is a ton to do. But the freeway system is a mess, there is traffic no matter what time of day you want to venture out, and no one knows how to drive...so it's actually a little terrifying. People say that Californians don't know how to drive, which is true. But at least they acknowledge their weakness! Texans can't drive but think that they can, and as a result there is a least a handful of accidents a day. Like I said, terrifying. But, the people here are amazing, I have never met a kinder, more inviting group of people! One of my closest friends I met at breakfast one morning in the hotel we were staying in! We've been friends ever since :).

We are really enjoying this adventure. Although, I cannot wait to get home to a fully stocked kitchen (meaning, my spice collection and kitchen aid!). The boys are patiently waiting for the water in our hotel pool to get warm so that we can swim every day! (They don't heat pools here...apparently if you just wait until it's scorchingly hot and humid you don't mind the cold water anymore?)

But we will be enjoying our time even more in three weeks when we go to........


New York!!! Yes, that's right., they are sending us to New York! We get to drive to and accross the most beautiful part of the  US during the most gorgeous time of the year!! I'm a little bit giddy with excitements.

And to top off all of this happiness, I get to meet my nephew who is going to be born next month in Boston!

We are so very excited to start our east coast adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment