They were not happy to hear that they would be getting their own room once we moved here to PA. and in the end, nick and I decided to continue letting them share a bed, to help them with the transition.
Well, on our second night here, I heard derek wake up and start scream-crying. I was startled awake and was on my way to their room when I heard landon say "it's okay Derek, I'm here. Don't be scared. Lay down and I'll scratch your back".
I'll admit that I teared up a little bit when I heard him, that's my wonderful, protective, empathetic, Amazing boy!
Derek settled right down, and I didn't hear another peep from him all night.
These boys of mine <3
On another note! Derek has started doing something rather hilarious with his prayers. He'll say his normal, adorable, heart melting prayer. But when he says "Amen", it's more of an exclamation as he throws his arms WIDE open. Nick says he's releasing his prayers to the heavens, lol.
They have been doing so well with all of the space here, I can't help but smile when they thank the Lord "for this house" every night.
Fingers crossed that some miracle will happen and we find ourselves able to buy it!


No comments:
Post a Comment