Monday, February 9, 2015

First week in our new home!

It has been such a good week! The boys have loved having their own room, and all of their toys at their disposal.

We reinstituted quiet time, so the boys have been in their room by 7pm every night, which means that Nick and I have had some time together in the evenings!

How have we been spending this time?

Harry Potter. So much Harry Potter. We only have one movie left! The War :). Oh how we look forward to evenings filled with Harry Potter and popcorn (coconut oil and salt is the BEST popcorn flavor eeeeever!)

The biggest downside to this week is trying to get on a good sleep schedule. We've managed to get everyone waking up at 8...which is two hours earlier than when we got here! But we still need to push that wake up time back one more hour, because we are all still staying up too late.

I guess that will come with time though!

On another sad note...Derek's fish died. The stupid thing made it across the country and decides to kick the bucket right after the bowl change.

Here's hoping Davy gave him a warm welcome!

There he goes!


Derek didn't take it too well..

We shelved our books! We still have a couple of totes full of books in the garage, so we need one more. But it's really exciting to finally see all of the books that we've collected! I've started ER-reading all of Jane Austen's work. And once I finish that, I have great plans for the complete works of Charlotte and Emily Bronte...so so so excited!

Nick and Landon made an igloo, which was hilarious to watch, and they had a ton of fun.



And Nick and I have had a couple of very peaceful dinners when we couldn't manage to pull the boys in from the backyard when dinner was ready


I still can't believe we have a backyard! It's like a dream come true :). 










No comments:

Post a Comment