Thursday, January 29, 2015

Effingham, IL


We totally slept in this morning. We finally groggily awakened around 10...which is coincidentally when breakfast ends! Oops. It was such a lazy, awesome morning. We ended up skipping breakfast altogether and just grabbing lunch. At Arby's. It was super healthy ;). 

And then we hit the road to effingham. Such an awesome name "effingham". I giggle every time I say it, lol.

I didn't take many pictures today, sadly. But I did finish listening to Jane eyre! Such a good book! I love love stories that aren't perfect, they are much more relatable :). I can't wait to read the book, there were so many quotes that I wished I could have marked! 

I started listening to "the name of the wind", which is nicks favorite book. And he wanted to share it with me, and I'm really enjoying it so far! The author is such a fantastic, engaging story teller. 

Derek measures him time by how long it takes to get from a snack stash replenishment, to a bathroom break, and so on. And that time in between "takies for woooooooooong" translation: "takes for long." Or "takes a long time" depending on your understanding of the English language ;)

And our night ended with the most violent pillow fight that I have ever witnessed:




Some quick flips:



A quick jaunt on the ceiling:


And...I'm not really sure how this happened: 

Haha!


We ended our night with dinner at Denny's...at 10:00 at night. Which is really 7 to us...but still. We need to get on a better schedule. But since none of us are inclined to wake up early, that probably won't happen until we are settled in PA. Sawl good!

And now I've got to get the crazies out of the bath before they flood the room under us ;). So not regretting this vacation :D












No comments:

Post a Comment