Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Once upon a time

Full disclosure, Once upon a Time is my all time favorite T.V show. (Well, it's probably tied with Doctor who. Maybe slightly below Doctor who. Okay, it's my all time second favorite tv show.)


One of my favorite things about it is how family friendly it is! In fact, it has been the show that Landon and I have watched together every week for the last couple of years. He loves it, I love it, I never have to cover his eyes, and we get mother-son bonding time. Wins all around!

Well, in the episode that we watched on Monday *someone* (I won't say who...spoilers. [picture me saying that in a British accent. If you watch Doctor Who, you get it ;)])  was in labor.

It showed her working through the labor contractions in obvious pain. 

Landon was watching this when the following conversation ensued:

Landon: mom, why is she hurt?
Me: because the baby inside her tummy is trying to come out, he's ready to be born.
Landon: oh. Does it hurt for babies to come out of their mommies tummies?
Me: yes, it does. Kind of a lot.
Landon: did it hurt you when Derek and I came out if your tummy?
Me: yes. It definitely did. But it was worth it? Because I got to hold you! :)
Landon: how did [...]

Aaaaaaaaand THATS where I cut him off with a loud "look!! The wicked witch is coming!!!!!"

So. Not. Ready. For. That. Conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment