Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July fourth chweny chwelve

Every year I get irrationally excited for the fourth of July (...come to think of it, i get irrationally excited for every holiday. But that's beside the point.). Some people don't understand why, since we don't do barbecue's or buy fireworks like "normal" people. But let me tell you..we milk this holiday for all the fun it has to offer! And this year was no different :)

Sadly, i'm blogging about this a month after the fact. So i can't quite remember if i made breakfast. I mean...i'm sure i made breakfast. But was it a festive breakfast? I just don't know. I asked Nick and he doesn't remember either. So i guess if i did make breakfast...it wasn't very memorable.

..How sad.

Well, after breakfast (I assume) we hooked the trailer up to nicks bike and skidaddled on over to watch the Rexburg independence day parade! 

I made that name up. I don't think they named the parade anything. If they did it was probably something closer to "Random people and obscure businesses chucking candy at enthralled audience for over an hour"  ;)

I kid. It was really fun! and Landon LOVED it! 

Somehow this was the only picture i snapped of him. Doesn't exactly showcase his excitement...but at least you can see his festive shirt!



This was basically his position the whole parade, he was mesmerized. His favorite part was the fire truck as it drove by honking its horn like crazy, let me tell you, that thing was LOUD! 

Derek was, for the most part, indifferent to the whole shabang. But he enjoyed cuddling up to his daddy.



After the Parade, we somehow ended up at the splash park. That was unplanned, luckily boys don't technically NEED swim trunks. Just shorts! :) They were a little big...But that didn't stop his for a minute!

.
 


Mixing water with Landon is ALWAYS a good time :).

After naps, and dinner we headed to Idaho falls for the BEST firework show we have ever seen! seriously. Nick and i talk about traveling to Ho falls from wherever we end up just for this fantastic show. We lamely forgot the camera in the car :(. So no pictures, but  Derek surprisingly loved it! He couldn't take his eyes off of the colors. While Landon cried..a lot. because it was "scary". How sad is that?!? Hopefully he enjoys it better next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment