But let's start at the beginning. Once upon a time, I had long awesome hair! But it was also incredibly damaged...so I cut it off. It looked awesome! The girl that cut it was an artist! It looked so good that I thought, HEY! I should go shorter! Since I look so dang hott with shortish hair, I would probably look AMAZING with really short hair, and imagine how EASY that would be to do in the morning!
And no one talked me out of it.
Well, Nick tried. Bless his soul.
So I got a hair cut. Worst haircut I've ever had in my life.
And then I got another one in an attempt to fix the first one. She made it worse. That took some real talent...I guess I must concede that she was also an artist.
As I lay there one night in a coma induced by short hair/ bad haircut pity.
I asked myself WHY I cut it to begin with. I loved my long hair! But I did hate how damaged and tangly it was.
So I got up with a profound desire to have long, beautiful, healthy hair. (Is this post getting vain enough for you?)
According to my research, one of the main things that I could do to ensure long healthy hair, is STOP USING HEAT.
so I did. I quit heat cold turkey. I even turn the water down when I wet my hair in the shower. No heat for those babies! That was Christmas Day, so it's been almost 2 months.
And you know what I've been missing? Curls. I MISS Curley hair! I considered hair curlers, but my hair is so freaking short, that I didn't think I could actually wrap my hair around those monstrosities.
That is until one day I was walking around Walmart, and what do my eyes behold!
Little teeny tiny hair curlers!
SOLD. I was so excited to try them out. I used the whole box...
In retrospect, perhaps that was a few too many. Still, I woke up way early this morning in the gushing excitement of having curls to style!
What I was not expecting was...
An Afro.
I started frantically trying to brush it out, and applying argon oil in an attempt to make it CALM THE HECK DOWN.
it was no use.
But at least landon got a good laugh..
In the end...this is what I walked out of the bathroom looking like.
I sent that picture to Nick, and he said "you look so pretty!!"
Oh, amazing, complimentary, biased husband. WHAT would I do without you :).




No comments:
Post a Comment